Friday, July 9, 2010

Dropping Like Flys

So I've lost 3 followers in the past few days.

I'm going to take a guess and say it's because I'm not updating very often.

We've been so busy with the move, working, taking care of a baby. I just haven't had time to update.

Can you ever forgive me?

Update on Evie: She's crawling now and it looks like she'll be pulling up any day now! I'm so excited and sad at the same time. It's only been 8 months! How can she be crawling??

She's also said the precious word I've longed to hear, "Ma ma." Of course she doesn't know what it means, but it's still a victory over "da da" adorable!

Update on me and Brian: Things are going well. We're going to counseling, but haven't been in a few weeks due to cancellations by the counselor and us for the last 2 appointments. We'll be back in that office on Tuesday though.

We're working on our communication, and of course, he's working on his stress management skills and learning to control his anxiety.

I'm happy to say, things are looking up. We're nowhere near fixed or cured, and I'm not expecting to ever be perfect, but we're headed in the right direction.

I think I'm going to take a cue from Blair and try the Dirty Day Shred, so I'm sure you all will be anticipating that with great eagerness.

I'll be posting pictures of the house soon too! We're going to be doing a little painting, so I'll post before and after pics.

6 comments:

  1. The right direction is a good direction to be headed. :) Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad things are going well! and good luck on the shred ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I've kind of been busy lately too and haven't had time to read your blog much but I'm still here!!! I'm sorry that things with Brian have been rocky. I'm glad to hear the couples counseling is working though.

    Charles and I have been at each others throats lately too. I think it's mostly due to our sub-conscience knowing he is going back into the Army throwing a whole new world of stress at us again. There's something to be said about "Distance makes the heart grow fonder" though. He's been gone for a week training and we're both kind of glad for the little vacation we get from each other right now ; )

    Can't wait for more pics of the house! I promise mine aren't too far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won't lose me as a follower, our gals were born on the same day I love "catching up" with you two. Glad things are looking better in your personal life. Keep your head up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you just gained a follower.

    I'm glad to hear things are getting better with your husband. Children can definitely bring stress in to a marriage, so make sure to take time and remember what you two had. That Dirty Day Shred sounds just like what the doctor might order!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of your support, ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete