Friday, January 22, 2010

Sleeping Success

We had a breakthrough in the sleeping debacle last night. My friend, Lacey, has a little girl who is 5 days younger than Evie, so we made a little play date yesterday. We were talking about how her daughter, Lilly, is pretty much sleeping through the night, while Evie is still attached to my arm during the night.

I told her I was going to try and find an inclined sleep positioner because she doesn't seem to like lying flat on her back. She, being an awesome friend and my current favorite person, offered to let us use her inclined sleep positioner because Lilly didn't like it.

Armed with the secret weapon in hand, I was determined to get this child to sleep somewhere other than on me. Anywhere else but me.

We did our usual night time routine. Bath, massage, story time, and rocking. She had only eaten an hour and a half before that, and wasn't acting hungry, so I didn't feed her. I had put a heating pad on the sleep positioner and set it in her bassinet. I laid her down and hoped for the best.

I came downstairs to eat dinner with Brian, and 20 minutes later...she was awake. Ugh. I guess I should have tried to feed her anyway. She ate and then screamed for about 30 minutes because she was over-tired. She finally went to sleep around 8:30 and I had to wake her up to take her upstairs at 11:30.

I feed her, rocked her back to sleep, and stuck her in the positioner. Get this, she slept for 5 HOURS!!! Holy cow, I was amazed! I hope tonight goes the same. I'm going to feed her before laying her down though. Maybe that will do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment