Friday, January 15, 2010

These are the days I wish I was going back to work

Before I say what I'm about to say, just know that I love my daughter and she is my entire world...but she is driving me up the freakin' wall!

For almost 2 weeks now, she has been super fussy. It wasn't bad during the days, just at night. Well, a couple of days ago, she started getting fussy in the mornings. Today was no different.

I exclusively pump, since Evie stopped latching, and I don't pump after midnight. So when we get up in the morning, I'm extremely engorged and need to pump as soon as she's done eating. I normally swaddle her, put her in her swing, and she goes right to sleep. This has never been a problem until the last few days.

Lately, she's been super fidgety at night. I have no idea why, but it makes for a crappy night of sleep for both of us. Last night, she was up every 2 hours and was fidgety in between that. So when we woke up this morning, I figured she'd go right to sleep in her swing. WRONG! We played a game of "Spit the Paci Out". If you don't know what that game is, it's a game that entails seeing how many times Evie can spit her paci out before Mommy loses her ever-loving mind. Today...it was 10. Oh, and I forgot to mention, when you try to put the paci in, she gives you that huge gummy smile that is impossible to resist.

I hated to do it, but I had to let her fuss for a few minutes. Not cry. Fuss. I let her do that for about 2 minutes and then went over and stuck the paci in her mouth. She took it instantly and now she's snoozing peacefully in her swing.

It's days like these that I'm thankful for the person that invented coffee. Oh, and mother-in-laws who will watch your baby at a moment's notice. If only I was going to do something fun while I'm baby-less. Alas, I'm going to my office to give my 2 weeks notice to my boss. Maybe I can squeeze in a massage too? What do you think? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment